ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/DISPATACHER (Full /Part Time)
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all clients to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an administrative assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, administrative assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and documents, communicating with clients, and being the liaison between the parents and our drivers.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by communicating with drivers and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel/route arrangements with parents for their children.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate routes, reports, take notes from phonecalls and meetings.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Prepare invoices weekly and monthly to all clients using FreshBooks.
- Knowledgeable of all office utilities such as the photocopier, fax machines, and computers in order to create spreadsheets, compose emails, and manage databases
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel)
- Proficiency in using email software
- Basic use of Windows & Mac systems
- Organization, and time management skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Bilingual is a Plus (English /Spanish)
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Experience in clerical support positions is preferred but not required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check is required for hire.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong customer service and public relations skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of District and school policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to work with the public and employees with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, and building, and department procedures
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
***All salaries are based on experience. ***
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- PERKS OF WEEKEND GETAWAY ON THE FAMILIES TIMESHARE
- WORKERS COMPENSATION
- FLEXIBLE HOURS
- OFF WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS (DRIVER / ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS)
About Astoria Express
Astoria Express Transit is a school bus transportation company based out of Astoria Queens and is a family run business that has been a staple of the Astoria community for the last 25+ years!
As a family business, we work together as a team but also take care of our business home. We look for people with strong communication skills, trustworthy, dependable and hard working. We strive to grow together and help each other out in making the business successful. Over the years, this business was started off by a mom and pop and now its owned and managed by there daughters with the passion to continue there parents legacy of providing for the community they grew up in. This small business is great for start off entrepreneurs; people who wish to better their skills in the work field and grow in their own success.