DIESEL MECHANIC / MAINTENANCE (FULL/PART TIME)
We are looking for a responsible and reliable Diesel Mechanic who will perform regular maintenance and repairs on our fleet of buses.
A successful candidate will be dependable, safety-conscious, have consistent on-time performance, and have the ability to follow instructions.
Diesel Mechanic/Maintenance responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform general and detailed repair of small and big school buses with/without airbrakes.
- Will be conducting ongoing maintenance and services along with breakdown service.
- Observe and Listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction.
- Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays
- Must have their own basic tools – specialty tools will be provided.
- Truck/Trailer mechanics are strongly recommended to apply
- Entry Level Positions also available
- Lubing and greasing
- Changing coolant, oil and filter
- Repairing and replacing lights
- General inspection of equipment
- Change fittings
- Inspecting and replacing bearings
- Repairing electrical problems, air leaks and ABS systems
- Installation and diagnostic of ELD device
- Additional Responsibilities (based on having a CDL License):
- Taking trucks/trailers to repair shop as needed
Bonus: A Valid CDL (Class A OR B)
Diesel Engine Repair: 1 Year (Preferred)
Mechanical Knowledge: 1 Year
***All salaries are based on experience. ***
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- PERKS OF WEEKEND GETAWAY ON THE FAMILIES TIMESHARE
- WORKERS COMPENSATION
- FLEXIBLE HOURS
- OFF WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS (DRIVER / ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS)
About Astoria Express
Astoria Express Transit is a school bus transportation company based out of Astoria Queens and is a family run business that has been a staple of the Astoria community for the last 25+ years!
As a family business, we work together as a team but also take care of our business home. We look for people with strong communication skills, trustworthy, dependable and hard working. We strive to grow together and help each other out in making the business successful. Over the years, this business was started off by a mom and pop and now its owned and managed by there daughters with the passion to continue there parents legacy of providing for the community they grew up in. This small business is great for start off entrepreneurs; people who wish to better their skills in the work field and grow in their own success.