SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (FULL /PART TIME POSITIONS)
We are looking for a responsible and reliable school bus driver to transport students to and from school or trip following a scheduled route and ensuring their safety throughout the entire route. Our School Bus Drivers interact daily with children and parents and serve as their trusted transportation to and from school. The school bus driver’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) ensuring proper vehicle maintenance, observing safety and traffic rules, and maintaining order among students while they are on the bus.
To be successful as a school bus driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch school bus driver should be meticulous when it comes to vehicle inspections and regard passenger safety as the highest priority.
School Bus Driver Responsibilities:
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of the bus when required.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- Must be 21 years of age and over
- Commercial Driver License (CLASS B) With “P”(Passenger) & “S” (School bus)
- Can Drive Buses with Air brakes / 44 Passengers and more (BIG BUSES)
- 19A Certified – If not, we can help you get certified.
- Ability to work with and communicate with students of all ages.
- RELIABLE, PUNCTUAL, & A SAFE DRIVER
- TRANSPORTING CHILDREN TO AND FROM SCHOOL
- OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS
- MAINTAIN A CLEAN & MECHANICALLY WORKING BUS AS GIVEN.
- PERFORM INSPECTION OF THE BUS BEFORE AND AFTER EACH ROUTE (ex: update mileage logs every week and notify base if we need to fill up diesel or any other maintenance that needs to be done etc.)
- ATTEND MONTHLY MEETINGS TO GO OVER SAFETY & OTHER UPDATES THAT MAY BE NEEDED.
- ENSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL THE CHILDREN.
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE BASE THROUGHOUT YOUR ROUTE.
REQUISITOS DE TRABAJO:
- Debe ser mayor de 21 años
- Licencia de conducir comercial (CLASE B) con “P” (pasajero) y “S” (autobús escolar)
- Puede conducir autobuses con frenos de aire / 44 pasajeros y más
- Certificado 19A
- Capacidad para trabajar y comunicarse con estudiantes de todas las edades.
- CONDUCTOR CONFIABLE, PUNTUAL Y SEGURO
- TRANSPORTE DE NIÑOS HACIA Y DESDE LA ESCUELA
- OBEDEZCA TODAS LAS LEYES DE TRÁFICO
- MANTENGA UN AUTOBÚS LIMPIO Y QUE FUNCIONE MECÁNICAMENTE .
- REALIZAR LA INSPECCIÓN DEL AUTOBÚS ANTES Y DESPUÉS DE CADA RUTA (por ejemplo: actualizar los registros de Mileage cada semana y notificar a la base si necesitamos repostar diesel o cualquier otro mantenimiento que deba hacerse, etc.)
- ASISTIR A LAS REUNIONES MENSUALES PARA REVISAR LA SEGURIDAD Y OTRAS ACTUALIZACIONES QUE PUEDAN SER NECESARIAS.
- GARANTIZAR LA SEGURIDAD DE TODOS LOS NIÑOS.
- COMUNICACIÓN CON LA BASE EN TODO SU RUTA.
***All salaries are based on experience. ***
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- PERKS OF WEEKEND GETAWAY ON THE FAMILIES TIMESHARE
- WORKERS COMPENSATION
- FLEXIBLE HOURS
- OFF WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS (DRIVER / ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS)
About Astoria Express
Astoria Express Transit is a school bus transportation company based out of Astoria Queens and is a family run business that has been a staple of the Astoria community for the last 25+ years!
As a family business, we work together as a team but also take care of our business home. We look for people with strong communication skills, trustworthy, dependable and hard working. We strive to grow together and help each other out in making the business successful. Over the years, this business was started off by a mom and pop and now its owned and managed by there daughters with the passion to continue there parents legacy of providing for the community they grew up in. This small business is great for start off entrepreneurs; people who wish to better their skills in the work field and grow in their own success.